Steve Gray Realtor/Broker
Steve has a unique, well rounded experience that gives him a multi-faceted view of the real estate industry; from residential construction, to marketing, to the mortgage loan origination process and more. Just take a look at this brief overview of his experiences in life:
As a Carpenter:
– At the tender age of 12, Steve was one of crew of 2, building a 2,000 sq ft ranch home (his neighbor’s home), performing work ranging from framing to roofing, sheetrock installation and finishing/painting, even cabinet installation.
– In his late 20’s, he again worked as a carpenter for NC Monroe Construction Company, building town homes and condominiums.
As Musician/Song Writer
– Steve enjoyed a career in music through his teens up until his late 20’s as his main means of support.
– He wrote and performed the music tracks for Home Buyer’s Guide (hundreds of music tracks).
– To date, he still records and performs locally and regionally with various groups.
In Video/Media Production
-Gray Television (owner)
– Steve was producer of Home Buyer’s Guide from 1989 through 2001, working with and establishing relations with a large segment of the Greensboro real estate marketing and residential building industries (This is when he and Tom Chitty first forged their relationship!)
– During that period, Steve also produced hundreds of corporate videos, broadcast programming & commercials, plus a few dozen music videos.
In Residential Electronic Systems Integration
– From 2001 through 2012 Steve first worked with Carolina Custom Audio, then owned and operated AV Accents of NC offering sales, installation, programming and maintenance of systems integration and home automation systems, home theaters, lighting control systems and house audio systems.
In Financial Education (IT Support & Compliance Enforcement)
– Around 2008, Steve was approached by a former client of Home Buyer’s Guide to work with Abacus Mortgage Training & Education in helping to provide education required by the Dodd/Frank Act for mortgage loan originators. When Abacus was sold to Diehl Mortgage Education & Compliance in 2012, that work relationship has continued through to the present, as Steve provides IT and compliance support for live and live webinar Mortgage Loan Originator education.
As Realtor/Broker with Tom Chitty Associates
– Having worked together extensively with Tom Chitty Associates in producing Home Buyer’s Guide, Steve began marketing production with Tom Chitty Associates (TCA) in 2011, working closely with Chief Operating Officer and president of TCA, Barry Hardeman. From there, Steve’s job requirements grew to include contract work, IT support and website design and maintenance, customer service and relations and virtually all other aspects of TCA’s business allowable under law without a broker’s license. Excited about the possibilities that lay ahead, Steve subsequently obtained his NC Real Estate Broker’s License in 2015 to allow him to perform any and all real estate work required, including listing and selling properties under his own name.
“Steve has proven himself to be invaluable here at Tom Chitty Associates. And that’s not just my opinion – the positive comments from our buyers and sellers tell me what I already know – that he is a top notch professional, and I’m so grateful to have him on our team.” – Tom Chitty (deceased)
“Just as Tom Chitty built his business and reputation, I believe that communication is the key; keeping in contact with my customers and clients is very important to me. And providing the highest level of service possible is paramount. Leaving no stone unturned in marketing a home for sale; providing that same high level of service for buyers; and guiding each and every transaction through, carefully dotting every “I” and crossing every “T” in today’s highly regulated real estate industry – these business practices are essential, because when you think about it, Realtors do much more than just buy and sell homes – we impact people’s lives with long lasting results. Paying attention to detail, ensuring that I really hear what my customers and clients are saying, doing my best to guide their way through the entire process – it’s those things that close the sale, whether it’s a $80,000 starter home or a multi million dollar estate.” – Steve Gray
So when you’re ready to buy or list your home for sale, make your best move with Steve Gray of Tom Chitty Associates Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Yost & Little Realty; Steve is your key to success!
PLEASE NOTE! As a team member with Tom Chitty Associates, all of Steve’s sales are attributed to Tom Chitty Assocviates; therefore, when researching Steve’s past sales it will appear as though he has not been active! Please call him at 336-362-0991 with any questions!
Denny Young – Greensboro, NC
Steve did a fantastic job with finding me a home. He always worked around my schedule, and was very open and honest about everything we looked at. Steve will not be satisfied until you are satisfied. Ultimately he found the perfect home for me and I am thrilled with were I'm at! I would highly recommend Steve to anyone looking for a new home.
Wayne and Carolyn Billings – Greensboro, NC
I without hesitation recommend Steve Gray. He can be trusted to tell you the truth and won't sell you something he knows is not right for you. I give him 10 stars!
Charlene Howard – Chesapeake, VA
Steve is a straight shooter, great personality and prompt with replies.
Kris and Sandra Soderstrom – Raleigh, NC
We were referred to Steve from our lender. Our family has moved four times in the past 6 years. Steve was wonderful! We were only able to view homes in the area on Saturdays and Sundays as we were driving from out of town. He seemed not to mind giving up his weekend to show us as many as we wanted. (And we wanted to see a lot!) His listing book page was very helpful for us since we had no knowledge or experience with the area. All of our online interactions with him via listing book were handled quickly and effectively. It was so nice to have an agent that knew the area, school systems, utility info, and his way around all of the different online tools. Many of our other realtors were up on only a few of the different parts of "modern home buying". He worked seamlessly with our lender. The two together made the experience so much less stressful for our family with three small children. After closing, we felt like family with all of the involved parties. It was so nice to be able to leave the realtor, lender, legal, etc information up to someone else during all of the stress of moving in general! He has even answered several questions concerning utilities and such since closing.